The creation of this is the webpage was discussed during the workshop Microdosimetry for beginners (MedAustron, 9-10 October 2019). Its scope is to promote the sharing of documents, publications, data, and ideas which could be helpful and instrumental for the advance of microdosimetry in ion-beam therapy.
The contributors to this webpage are the participants to the workshop and all the researchers who express interest in the subject and would like to participate actively. At the moment, the access to this webpage it restricted so only people with (shared) username and password can read it. If you share the access code with other persons interested to the subject, please inform the webpage administrator to keep track of it.
If you like to provide topics and material to be shared with the group, please contact the administrator to request the access with additional editing privileges.
Topics for open discussions
This section is used to propose topis of discussion and share personal material. The topics are proposed spontaneously by the participants.
- Giulio Magrin, 17 April 2020, The mean values ӯF, ӯD, and y*. The link between y* and RBEμD. Download
- Albrecht Kellerer's publications from Munich University
- AARUS Electronic Stopping Power Application for Android, Aarhus Particle Therapy Group
Activities of the Microdosimetry Group
- 9-10 October 2019 - Microdosimetry for Beginners
- 13 January 2020 - Book club: "The impact of sensitive volume thickness for silicon on insulator microdosimeters in hadron therapy" Bolst et al., 2019, Phys Med Biol.
- March 2020 - Book club: "Study on the RBE estimation for carbon beam scanning irradiation using a solid-state microdosimeter" Han,et al., Medical Physics, 47 (2), February 2020
- 25 February 2021 - Book club. Alessio Parisi presents the paper: "Uncertainty budget assessment for the calibration of a silicon microdosimeter using the proton edge technique " A. Parisi,et al., Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, Volume 978, 21 October 2020, 164449
Suggested recent publications on Microdosimetry
- "Exploring the advantages of intensity-modulated proton therapy: experimental validation of biological effects using two different beam intensity-modulation patterns" Ma,et al.,Sci Rep 10, 3199 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-60246-5
- "Characterizing Radiation Effectiveness in Ion Beam Therapy Part II: Microdosimetric detectors" Front. Phys., 28 October 2020, Open-access paper (28 October, 2020) https://doi.org/10.3389/fphy.2020.550458| Part of the Research Topic: Applied Nuclear Physics at Accelerators